Inclusion and Support for Students with Special Needs through Combined Arts
This Erasmus+ course, “Inclusion and Support for Students with Special Needs,” is designed to empower educators, teachers, and educational professionals with the knowledge and skills required to create inclusive learning environments that cater to the unique needs of students with disabilities and special educational requirements. In today’s diverse educational landscape, it’s imperative to foster an inclusive approach that ensures every student has an equitable opportunity to thrive.
Participants will gain a deep understanding of the principles and importance of inclusive education. They will explore the legal and ethical frameworks supporting inclusive practices. Educators will learn and practice adaptable teaching strategies and methodologies to engage and support students with special needs effectively.
This course adopts a participatory and interactive methodology, providing participants with ample opportunities to apply the concepts learned in practical exercises, debates, and case studies. Through a creative approach, the course encourages participants to develop practical skills. At the end of the course, participants will be prepared to address and manage diverse situations and groups of students with special needs, to create a positive and safe educational environment for children, youth, and adults in the community.
The course will help the participants to:
– Get to know each other exercises (presentation of the participants and their organizations)
– Needs and expectations evaluation
– Introduction to inclusive education concepts and the significance of combined arts
– Challenges and opportunities in inclusive education
– Hands-on introductory activities to experience combined arts techniques
– Practical workshops on integrating combined arts into the learning process for students with special needs
– Introduction to main special educational needs
– Practical activities to understand various disabilities and diverse learning needs
– Collaborative exercises for identifying specific needs and creative solutions
– Interactive sessions and exercises to develop empathy and a deep understanding of the experiences of students with special needs through combined arts
– Discussions and debates on how combined arts can be adapted to address different needs
– Effective communication and collaboration skills workshops to approach educators, support staff, students, and their families
– Strategies and techniques for effective communication with parents of students with special needs
– Role-play exercises and scenarios on communicating sensitive information to parents
– Discussion and sharing of experiences in building positive relationships with parents
– Practical workshops on creating adapted, inclusive, and interactive lessons using combined arts
– Practical application of teaching and assessment techniques in the context of combined arts
– Discussions on planning and implementing combined arts-based learning programs in educational institutions
– Combined arts projects developed by participants
– Final presentations of combined arts projects developed by participants
– Closing sessions, course evaluation, and planning for future implementations of techniques and projects
– Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance
– Cultural activities
The course fee includes
– Entire program of study sessions;
– Course materials;
– Certificate of attendance;
– Europass Document;
– Learning Agreement Document;
– Coffee breaks;
– Administration costs.
Other important information
Certificate: Participants who attend at least 80% of the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Schedule: Classes take place in the morning or afternoon. The final schedule will be sent 2 weeks before the course.
Cultural activities: The details related to the cultural activities are available here. (Optional)