Promoting Cultural Diversity through Active Learning Methods
The Erasmus+ course “Promoting Cultural Diversity through Active Learning Methods” is an exceptional opportunity for teachers and trainers who wish to understand, promote, and integrate cultural diversity into the process of learning and teaching. In an increasingly globalized world, understanding and harnessing cultural diversity becomes crucial for educators. This course aims to provide participants with practical tools, approaches, and strategies to create inclusive and intercultural learning environments that encourage mutual understanding and respect.
This Erasmus+ course is tailored to both school educators and adult education professionals, offering a profound and practical experience that enables participants to develop essential skills for managing cultural diversity in classrooms and their educational institutions. At the end of the 5 days, participants will be prepared to promote intercultural understanding and create inclusive learning environments, thereby contributing to a more diverse and respectful education.
Erasmus+ courses bring together professionals from across Europe and beyond its borders. This provides an excellent opportunity to establish connections and learn from the experiences of other participants.
The course will help the participants to:
– Get to know each other exercises (presentation of the participants and their organizations)
– Needs and expectations evaluation
– Introduction to cultural diversity and its importance in education
– Analyzing cultural stereotypes and biases
– Practical cultural awareness workshops and culture presentations
– Personal reflections and sharing cultural experiences
– Introduction to active and intercultural learning methods
– How to create a safe and relaxed learning atmosphere in a diverse group, using games and creative activities
– Which teaching methods are most useful to ensure inclusive learning and equal access to the learning process?
– Cooperative learning methods to increse retention of disadvanteged students
– Designing active learning activities based on cultural diversity
– Implementation of activities in small groups and feedback
– Creating personalized lesson plans
– Reflection on personal cultural interactions
– Assessment for learning
– How assessment influence retention?
– Techniques for intercultural communication and conflict mediation
– Developing cultural empathy and active listening skills
– Case studies and intercultural mediation simulations
– Planning next steps for promoting cultural diversity in educational practice
– Closing sessions and course evaluation
– Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance
– Cultural activities
The course fee includes
– Entire program of study sessions;
– Course materials;
– Certificate of attendance;
– Europass Document;
– Learning Agreement Document;
– Coffee breaks;
– Administration costs.
Other important information
Certificate: Participants who attend at least 80% of the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Schedule: Classes take place in the morning or afternoon. The final schedule will be sent 2 weeks before the course.
Cultural activities: The details related to the cultural activities are available here. (Optional)